Sunday, August 31, 2014

Olde Harvest & Halloween Gathering

This month on Early Work Mercantile we are having a special "Olde Harvest & Halloween Gathering" to celebrate the coming of autumn. I love fall stitching and always feel extremely inspired this time of year so I decided to push myself a little harder than usual and come up with three of my own original patterns for my September update. I had a lot of fun designing these pieces and hope you like them as much as I enjoyed creating them.




They are from top to bottom:  "Halloween Sampler", "Pumpkin Patch", and "Harvest Home". Each little pillow tuck is stitched on linen and stuffed with wool roving. I love the weighty feel that the wool gives each finished piece and also love how easy it is to work with.



We are still scorching in California but hopefully things will start cooling down in the next few weeks. All of this autumn stitching I've been doing lately has me very impatiently waiting for fall to arrive. Hopefully it will be here soon!!!

Happy stitching!
Sandy

6 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

Your pinkeeps are lovely, I admire your awesome talent. Lecia

HomeSpunPrims said...

Wonderful designs Sandy! You are a very talented artist. I'm sure they will all sell. I'll try to send some of our cool weather to you! Hugs, Lori

dixiesamplar said...

Love your work, Sandy!! We would love for you to join our FB group for prim designers and stitchers...Prim Stitchers Society! We showcase prim designers for over 2800+ members and they would love your designs!!

If you are interested, please email me at dixiesamplar@yahoo.com or PM me on FB at dixiesamplar.

Sandy Whitlow said...

Thank you, ladies! I appreciate your supporting words a LOT!!! :)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Beautiful stitching!
Robyn

Elisabetta said...

LOve everything!!!