Monday, April 11, 2016

Humble Cupboard Spammer

It has recently come to my attention that a spammer has taken over an old blog of mine. If any of you followed The Humble Cupboard, please accept my apology for any unwanted posts you might be seeing. I deleted this blog exactly as Blogger instructed me to but apparently that was not enough, There doesn't seem to be much I can do about it at this point so if any of you have any suggestions, I would be extremely appreciative. If you still follow The Humble Cupboard, please unsubscribe as this is no longer a legitimate blog.

Again, please accept my apologies and thank you for your understanding,
Sandy

6 comments:

The Civil War Quilter said...

Isn't that a shame? I had a spam comment left on my blog recently and didn't notice for a couple days. I felt guilty that readers had to see it. I followed blogger's directions to delete and block it. I hope it works. Why do people have to ruin it for others? Grrr

The Humble Stitcher said...

I had a spam comment recently as well and just about flipped out when I saw it. Thankfully I saw it before anyone else did (I hope!!!) and deleted it. I don't know why people have to ruin it for others but there are just way too many mean spirited people these days. It never even entered my mind that someone would steal my deleted blog especially since Blogger is free and it's not that difficult to start your own. What a world we've become :(

Jessica said...

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. :(

A lot of deleted blogs are being snatched up and used by spammers. I don't know how they do it. It's awful. A few times I never new a blog owner deleted until it had been grabbed by a spammer and they start posting to it (or even reposting posts from the previous owner!) So I guess don't delete your blogs, just leave them? I haven't noticed any deserted blogs being taken over by a spammer.

I'm not sure you can do anything about it other than sending feedback to Blogger, but I doubt they'd do anything about it. Unless your old content is being reposted, then *maybe* they'd help. If it's a blog I follow, then I unfollow it.

Jeanne said...

I hate spammers!! You've had some cute finishes lately....congratulations! I hope your blogging problems go away soon. Happy stitching!

jill said...

After a three month period, the blog name is up for anyone. As long as they are not using your photos and your postings there is nothing you can do. Hope that helps.
blessings, jill

The Humble Stitcher said...

It looks like the spammer blog is no longer active...yay!!!