Friday, April 29, 2011

Marking Sampler Pinkeep


I had a lot of fun designing this simple little pinkeep using letters I found on an old 1830s alphabet chart. I stitched it on linen and then stuffed it with wool for more of an authentic finish.


The backing fabric is a reproduction calico with teeny tiny blue flowers and is a fabric that I really love. I decided to antique the piece just a little for a nice vintage feel and am happy to say that I got the look that I was going for.....always a nice way to end up a project :)


Here's wishing everyone a happy weekend!!!
Sandy

4 comments:

The Ranger said...

Looking great!!!

marly said...

This is my kind of stitching!! Short, sweet, no framing! Love it.

Prim Dolls of Calico said...

Hi, just wanted to say Hi, and let you know, I appreciate and think your work is great...
Maylyn
Prim Dolls of Calico

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you so much, everyone! Your encouraging words mean a lot :)