Sunday, September 18, 2011

Samplermakers Autumn Stitcher's Challenge...My Finish

Here at last is my finished piece for the Samplermakers Autumn Stitcher's Challenge. Samplermakers is an online group of amazing needlewomen (and at least one man!) that was started by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm. Our challenge was to design an autumn themed piece using at least two motifs that were graciously provided by Jennie Lynn of Appleseed Prim.

I chose to make a sampler using Jennie Lynn's owl and crow motifs as well as enlarging and adapting her house motif to fit my own design a little better. Everything else was created by me except for the antique alphabets...these came from an old 1885 pattern booklet I own. I worked my sampler on 30 count 18th Century Brown R & R hand dyed linen and am really pleased how everything turned out. Thank you, Jennie Lynn, for such a fun challenge. I can't wait for the next one!

Sandy

13 comments:

Penny said...

LOVE it!! It is marvelous.....
Will it be for sale? ;) Or perhaps a pattern?

AuntLou said...

This is lovely! :)

Mindi said...

I love your sampler! The Autumn Challenge has been so much fun, everyone has but their own twist on the motifs and come up with some great designs.

basketsnprims said...

Sandy ~ I love your stitcher's challenge sampler. I was going to try it until I broke my arm, maybe in a week or two I'll be able to stitch. Love your finish & thanks for sharing.
pam

Ronda said...

Very nice Sandy.....~Ronda

Betty Lou said...

Beautiful stitchery. You do lovely work.

JDConwell said...

It's lovely, Sandy.

primitivebettys said...

Simply beautiful! I love the pumpins on the fence.

Alecia said...

Lovely work-we just finished reading Legend of Sleepy Hollow- your sampler makes me think the little town may have looked something like your sampler.

Really like the motif under both of your alphabet letters- amazing how something so simple can add a lot to a piece

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you all for your kind words. Since this is only my 2nd attempt at designing I am truly touched. Penny...I won't be selling this particular piece but am thinking about offering it as a pattern in the near future. I have never sold my designs before so it might take me a while to figure things out but I'll let you know when and if a pattern becomes available :)

MoonBeam said...

Nice work!

Bobbi

HomeSpunPrims said...

Sandy,
Love,love, love your challenge piece. It's just perfection! Lori

GailinVirginia said...

Sandy, your work is so charming:) I love your sweet illustrations here from days gone by.

~Gail