Monday, March 26, 2012

A New Little Bear

I'm happy to say that I finally have a new little bear to share with you all! His name is Tucker and he measures in at just three inches tall. I stitched him entirely by hand from a pattern of my own design using a really soft pink mini bear fabric. I have to admit that the fabric color isn't one that I would usually choose for bear making but it kind of reminded me of spring so I decided to go ahead and use it. I think he came out pretty cute and hope you do, too!

Today was a beautiful day here in California after rain all day yesterday. There's nothing quite like a spring storm to freshen up the air and make everything smell yummy and sweet.

Here's wishing you all warm and beautiful days ahead :)
Sandy

9 comments:

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sandy,
He is just the sweetest little thing and his pink coat definitely says SPRING!! You did a wonderful job making him!!!
So glad to hear you are having some lovely weather! I sure hope it moves up our way too!!
Take care my friend!!
Blessings and Hugs~~
Julie

Jenni said...

This bear is so cute!!!

AuntLou said...

What a little beauty! I'm very impressed. My own efforts have made me quite appreciative of tiny stitchery. :)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Sandy,
Your little bear is adorable! How you could stitch one so small is beyond me! Enjoy your beautiful weather. It's turned cold again here. Hugs, Lori

marly said...

Three inches tall, by hand, and that perfect? You certainly have a talent. He is wonderful.

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

Oh my gosh, he is only 3" tall? You wouldn't know it by looking at him, by the way, he is adorable! Thanks for sharing.

Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

jennifer768 said...

Oh my gosh but he is lovely!I think he does scream Spring!Hugs,Jen

Heirlooms by Ashton House said...

Tucker is darling! I think his fur color is lovely. Sweet teddy bears like this always make me smile.

Unknown said...

It really does sound interesting! Maps are such an important part of life–whether they are made of paper or are digital–and it would interesting to learn their history and how they came to be.
Antique print