Friday, May 16, 2014

Tansy~Yarrow~Rue


Happy weekend, everyone! I just wanted to share my latest finish with you called "Tansy~Yarrow~Rue".  I actually completed the stitching on this Pineberry Lane design last year but set it aside until I could find the perfect frame. Well...I thought I finally found that long sought after frame last week but it turned out to be just a smidge too small. So...rather than wait any longer to finish this piece, I decided to make it into a pillow tuck. I like how it turned out and decided to keep the frame to use on another design sometime soon.

I hope you all have been keeping well and are enjoying lovely spring weather where you live. We have been baking in Southern California but I've heard it's supposed to start cooling down in the next couple of days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that relief will be here soon and am already counting the days until autumn arrives! Pumpkin season can't get here soon enough for me!!!

Happy stitching!
Sandy

5 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

A beautiful finish Sandy! I loved stitching that one. Still cold here in northern MI but supposed to warm up soon. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lori

marly said...

I love the pillow finish! Perfect! I've been finishing most of my smaller pieces the same. I can always pin a hanger on the back and display on a wall but I can stick it anywhere else for a change.

Barbaral said...

Beautiful finish and lovely decoration:). Have a great weekend!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sandy,
What a wonderful little pin pillow!!! Love all of Wendy's designs!! You did a perfect job!!
I sure hope you are managing to stay cool my friend!! I read it is going to start cooling off next week!!! Just keep thinking about fall!!
Hugs~
Julie

Christine LeFever said...

An adorable piece and a clever idea to make it into a pillow tuck. I had never heard of one and so have been searching the web to find out more. If I were an avid cross stitcher, I might have learned this by now. I so love cross stitch too.

Thank you for your comment on my latest group of all cloth dolls!