Thursday, August 17, 2017

Happy To Be Back

Oh my goodness!!! I haven't posted on my blog for such a long time and for that I must apologize. It has been a challenging year to say the least. My Mom passed away late last March and as an only child, it was left to me to settle all of her affairs. I thankfully had family to help me as I am pretty sure I couldn't have done it without them...what an extremely difficult thing it was to do. And then late last June I had eye surgery to repair a macular hole in my left eye. I am still recovering from that one but my vision is getting better every day.

Happily I have finally started to stitch again after a year of hardly picking up my needle much at all. I am excited to show you a new design I just completed and have now listed in my Etsy Shop. It is called "Lucy Tucker's Gift" and is a sweet little sampler for all of you who love redwork. I hope you like it!


So happy to be back posting on my blog...I've missed you all!!!
Sandy

5 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Welcome back, Sandy! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing. Off to check out your new pattern! Have a peaceful weekend!

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you for your sweet words, Robin. I hope you have a peaceful and beautiful weekend as well!
Sandy

village folk art said...

So happy you are feeling and doing better. You have been missed. Just want you to know I finished your 'Belsnickle' design and we love it. He will look great with my modest collection of Belsnickels. Thanks for sharing your talent and the new red work sampler is wonderful.
Have a happy weekend ... Peace and Blessings for all,
Barb

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sandy,
Oh, it is so nice to see you back!!! I have tried for several days to leave a comment and it finally worked today!!!! Just don't understand technology sometimes.....actually, most of the time! haha
So sorry to hear of your loss and know it can take a toll on us when we lose someone we love!
Your new piece is so lovely and love all you create!!!
Take care and hope you enjoy your weekend, my friend!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you Julie and Barbara!!! It's so nice to hear from you both :) Glad you finished your Belsnickel, Barbara and that he looks great with your collection. And Julie...I struggle with technology most of the time, too...my new phone is really messing with me right now...lol!!! Thank you both for your kind words and happy thoughts :)
Have a wonderful weekend,
Sandy