Sunday, February 11, 2018

Churn, Butter, Churn


I am excited to show you my first cross stitch design for 2018. It's called "Churn, Butter, Churn" and was inspired by an old churning rhyme that women used to sing while churning butter:

                   Churn, butter, churn
                   Come, butter, come.
                   A little bit of butter
                   Is better than none.

I think my Grandmother must have sung something like this as she grew up in a humble log cabin in the Ozarks of Missouri. I know she churned lots and lots of butter, too!!!

The pattern for "Churn, Butter, Churn" is now available in my Etsy shop. Thanks so much for looking...enjoy this beautiful Sunday afternoon!!!

Happy stitching,
Sandy

7 comments:

Halland House Gifts said...

Sandy, I love making butter, but I’m so happy I don’t have to churn it. Butter churns are beautiful, just like your new design. Judy

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fun design you have created, Sandy!

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you for your sweet comments, Judy & Robin! I'm so happy you like my butter churn :)
Big Hugs,
Sandy

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sandy,
Such a darling design and a sweet song, too!! Singing always makes work go faster!!
Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!
Big Heart Hugs~
Julie

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you, Julie. And yes, singing does make the work go faster!!!
Happy Monday!
Sandy

Beth said...

Very charming!

The Humble Stitcher said...

Thank you, Beth! I'm so happy you like it :)
Have a wonderful day,
Sandy